Thursday, December 5, 2013

Starting school...

After high school, I didn't start college right away like most people do. I will be starting in the Spring semester at the end of January and I have to admit that I'm really scared. The college that I will be attending is pretty common for people who live in the area so it won't be hard for me to make friends because I will probably know a lot of people. There is just something about the new criteria and the difference between high school-level work and college-level work that scares me. I've always had outstanding grades throughout my entire educational career. I had been on the honor roll many times each year and I have even received recognition on a presidential level. There is just this insecurity in the back of my mind that has me doubting whether I will succeed in college.

I really love the major I picked (I will be majoring in Entrepreneurship and minoring in Photography) and I am super excited to take photography classes which is something I've loved since I got my first camera in 7th grade. Knowing that I will be taking really great classes is the only thing that is motivating me to look forward to starting school.

In the end, I obviously hope to exceed my parents' expectations because they've been let down in the past by other siblings but I'm still keeping myself happy by studying something that I love. I will keep you all posted very shortly. Enjoy your holidays and I would love some feedback!

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment