Thursday, November 6, 2014

NYC Tarte Cosmetics Meet Up with EssieButton & Amelia Liana


Today (Nov 6 2014), Tarte Cosmetics hosted a meet and greet with the amazing Essie and Amelia. 
When I found out they were coming to New York to have a meet up, I knew I was going to have to drop everything I was doing to go see them even if I had someone to go with or not and it was the best decision I ever made.
As Essie said in one of her recent Vlogs, sometimes you just have to go places on your own and experience things on your own. You'll never know unless you try.



This was my first time going to a Youtube beauty guru meet up. I've actually never been to any beauty related events because I've been scared to go alone and I never knew what to expect. Everyone at Tarte was really lovely and super nice. They made us feel comfortable and made conversation with us while we waited on line. Other girls who were also waiting on line to meet the girls were also lovely.

I met a girl named Emily who was really sweet and we were both alone so we kept each other company the whole time.
Essie and Amelia were total sweethearts. They spoke to everyone like if they've known us for years! They had a smile on their face the whole time and they were super friendly.




It was super weird yet surreal to see someone who lives around the world from you and who you've seen on your computer screen for years, in person. 
I tried to hide my excitement!!
When I first went up to them Amelia said, "Oh my gosh I was dying to meet you. I kept looking at you when you were in the lobby because I just love your lipstick. What is it?"
I told them it was Diva by MAC and they both laughed because they both own it but it looked different on me. Essie said I was rocking it and that my lipstick matched my scarf too.
I couldn't stop smiling, they were so nice.
I asked them if they were liking New York and if it was their first time here, and they said they were loving it and that they've came before but it was their first time coming alone so they were really enjoying it.
Then, we just took selfies and I hugged them good-bye and I was out on my way.

I was kind of disappointed because I thought there were going to be Tarte products but they just gave out a free travel neck pillow. I'm not sure but I think I heard that at Bunny's (Grav3YardGirl) meet up, Tarte had a booth or a table with their products at a discounted price for the girls who showed up, so I went ready with my wallet full to buy some of their makeup but they didn't have anything of the sort.
It was still a very amazing experience. I'm glad I actually went. I think I might be interested in future meet and greets and even IMATS and stuff like that now. 
I'd also like to thank Tarte for hosting, everything was really cute and thanks for letting myself and everyone else meet Essie and Amelia.
Bye! Thank you for reading 





No comments:

Post a Comment